Saturday, June 28, 2008

back with a new nose

i'm back!! at home at least... but won't be back in action so soon cos i'm supposed to be avoiding crowded places to prevent myself from getting cold or flu which would aggravate my nose.

it's been a hell of an experience getting my nose "fixed". lost like a couple of litres of blood and still suffering from a blocked nose cos i'm not supposed to blow my nose and just try to let it clear by itself. (and when will that come? i want to breathe thru my nose!)

here's to the before and after of me (and my nose).

me still nice and cheery before the operation, oblivious to the suffering that is to come after the op.


this is me a while after the op. all puffy-eyed and unable to even give a little smile. bleeding thru my nose. and at some point i was puking blood and felt like a vampire cos the blood from my nose is back flowing into my mouth. yucks.. i know.


this is me a couple of hours into the night, feeling much better as i'm no longer bleeding as profusely and there were Jen, Jing, Shun and Diya with me, trying to entertain me which was not very wise cos i could only breathe thru my mouth and laughing hard means i can't breathe. also does not help that my ear was blocked badly cos of the nose pack that was stuffed in my nose. think there was a lot of pressure build up in my head.

spent a night at the hospital with a whole room to myself, not cos i stayed in A class ward but that there was just no one else. which was good cos then my visitors got to stay till 10pm before the nurses chased them home. haha.

many many thanks to Xinpei who was the first one to come visit me and brought me a little yellow flower. and to Jing, Jen, Shun and Diya who were with me till 10pm and did not have their dinner.

i'm still having a perpetual nose blood of sorts but i no longer need the white gauze over my nose other than when i go to sleep. and that's expected for about a week after the op. sigh.

the flowers that helped cheer me up at the hospital. from Xinpei and Jingyi. it's a bit cui cos there was no vase at the hospital, only transfered it after i got home. but it's still sitting on my desk now.

No comments: