Saturday, February 11, 2006

1st posting from Taipei!!

ok finally gotten my connection.. thanx to my nice roommate who lent me her account cos she has no com.. couldn;t set up our account cos need some weird password which we haf no idea wat it is n no one has helped us find it out.. but hanyu doesn't haf this privilege then.. since she still haf no roomies.. well which might not be tat bad a thing.. read on...

08 feb 2006

Day 1 in Taipei: Brr… Cold..


It was a really long day today… felt like I accomplished wat I usually do in 3 days in a day..

Anyway I was quite happy wif the inflight entertainment from China Airlines.. pretty good selection of movies and songs.. haha.. the lastest blockbusters like North Country and Walk the Line were there… contemplated watching either one of these but in the end settled for Just Like Heaven cos I tot I could do with a good laugh.. brain not ready for such serious material early in the day and wif lack of sleep.. anyway tot Just Like Heaven not bad too..

And wif no major mishap, we arrived at CKS Airport.

Tho first there was a little mistake at the airport.. saw this woman holding on to a sign saying Singapore Nanyang Technological Uni and went up to her but in the end she was act waiting for 4 ppl from 土木系.. I’m still wondering if that is civil engine.. was thinking I want to get to know these ppl.. haha.. it’s going to be how hard to study engine in Taiwan.. in the end we saw this fat guy holding on to a card with our names on it.. later we realized his students all call him 刘胖.. haha.. he’s a nice guy lah.. treated us to a nice dinner.. hehe..


Anyway the moment I stepped out of CKS airport.. cold air jus blew mercilessly at me.. the temp was abt 12 degreess C lah.. luckily I brought those clothes and wore 3 layers.. Thanx mum for her constant nagging to bring those thick clothes.. heard tml will drop to 10 degrees C.. anyways it was juz a whole lot of frenzy admin work to settle.. but all these could not be done w/o a dearie junior.. 1st yr student here.. she’s so small size and cute.. think maybe can qie prodi.. haha.. so we basically skipped lunch.. did our student ident, checked into hostel etc etc..

Now for the hostel.. it’s 4 ppl share one room.. could choose from hostel 7 and 8 and since I was in hall 7 I chose 7 loh.. :P was initially locked out of the room so moved my stuff to hanyu’s room. It was quite cram for 4 ppl lah.. but wat to do.. it’s free cannot complain.. then 小只 the junior who was bringing us ard was exclaiming at how everything is better than her hostel at hostel 1 cos hers is 6 to a room.. then suddenly we feel so blessed. But ah they finally found the code to my room so I also moved my stuff in.. that’s where the shock came.. I've nv seen a ladies’ room so messy before.. messy still nvm leh.. they are damn dirty also.. clothes everywhere.. on the floor on the bed in boxes.. wherever lah.. then worse is my table is infiltrated with thing from the other room mates.. totally sian diao.. so wanna unpack also dunno how to do it.. sigh.. hanyu’s room is like such a heaven compared to mine.. I din even haf enough space on the floor to open my luggage lah.. it’s tat bad.. and the floor is horribly strewn with all sorts of rubbish.. and then funny thing is the rubbish truck comes onli once a day and u haf to run all the way down to the first floor to throw the rubbish into the rubbish truck.. anyway was juz quite depressed abt the whole thing abt my messy room.. can’t stand my things being strewn all over the place.. and the other 3 rommies are from 民族系.. haf no idea wat kinda things they study lah.. haha juz sounds weird.. the thing I dun like is also that I haf to sleep on the upper deck of the double deck.. sigh.. who ask me to be the exchange student and the latest to move in.. sianz.. then I basically also dunno where to place my things in the mess. Sigh.. for now hanyu’s place is my shelter from the chaos.. hope her roomies are better and neater people..

Ok lah to be fair they are pretty nice ppl.. juz that I can’t stand the way they are messing up the place.. I miss my room in hall and my rommie so much now.. XP I miss u!!! so nice to haf someone u knoe and understand u ard.. had same thinking and juz can click loh.. I wan my roomie back!

Funny thing: got my student id no. today.. and the last 4 digits is 3050.. haha (think liang po po).. can help but laugh at this.. go buy 4D quick!!


09 feb 06

I need warmer comforter!!


It’s been so cold that I can’t get to sleep at night.. tho I was pretty tired at the end of the first day.. already wore 2 layers of clothes and had to wear 2 layers of pants b4 I can get to sleep.. think I should haf gotten a better comforter.. sth warmer.. really tot it won’t be that cold here but luckily mummy forced me to bring those thicker coat.. at least I dun freeze to death outside.. but still it was hard getting to sleep cos in s’pore I dun even on air con.. hope wif my new warm socks it would be better.. apparently for next few days also going to be quite cold and cloudy.. really gloomy weather.. can’t wait for the day where I can see the sun in Taipei for the first time..

The weather is really cold today and the wind was really strong... went to get scarf and mask in prep of the cold weather.. the idea of wearing a mask is so weird.. juz reminds me of SARS..

act I’m fine with the cold weather in the day but I hate it if it’s too cold even for me to fall asleep.. act a really warm blanket will solve the prob lah.. but knowing that the cold spell might pass soon and I will onli be here for 5 mths I'm reluctant to spend more money on another blanket.. wat do I do with it once I get back??

I haf too many no.s to rem.. student id, hostel phone no, handphone no. and my hostel mail add is so long.. such a chore to rem.. and it's in chinese... who will send things to me? *hint*



10 feb 06

Shopping at Wu Fen Pu

1st day of shopping on our own today!! haha tho i nv buy much lah.. cos wu fen pu is a stupid place where most of the clothes cannot try n comes in free size.. crap.. my policy is i dun buy clothes that i cannot try if it fits.. then those free size jackets i wan to buy always too small at the shoulder and too short.. sianz.. so end up onli getting a belt which i bet i can also find in s'pore.. sigh... determined to get more stuff! but hanyu had a great time shopping.. haha.. bought lotsa stuff.. at least she got good shou1 huo4.. not wasted trip..

it's not that cold in the day anymore which is a good thing.. but then dunno why now it's so cold.. i think my feet are cold intolerant.. wearing socks but still feel like ice.. think i should go get thicker socks..

No comments: