Monday, February 27, 2006

1st earthquake encounter

I had my 1st encounter with earthquake without knowing it.. Cos I was happily sleeping and actually tot the jolt to my bed was made by my roomie who was sleeping on the bottom deck.. Only remembered feeling a bit pissed and thinking what the heck is she doing to the bed? Then, I continued sleeping.. haha..

Anyway that was last Friday and don't worry I'm still alive and kicking in Taipei.. From what I know the culture here is that they don't really give a damn abt these little quakes cos it's really common.. Teachers will continue the lessons without even giving the quake a mention.. Hmmm.. And my fren said those that usually evacuate from the building when a quake happens are non-Taiwanese.. haha.. maybe I'll be one of those next time..

No comments: