Friday, July 11, 2008

我是上班族

7月7号:我正是成了上班族。

The only reason I'm still awake at this time is cos it's my off day tomorrow. The past few first days of work have been quite tiring... mentally. I been feeling really sleepy and tired and don't really wanna do much after I get home other than eat dinner, bathe and sleep. I think I've been slacking for too long and still have not gotten used to the pace of work in the newsroom.

But it gets quite satisfying after a fulfilling day of work. Finished 4 packages this week, got to to my own VOs, nice start. And there will be more challenges to come. I think the biggest challenge will be filing live reports. I'm nervous just by the thought of it.

Anyway, 7th Jul is also the day I collect my Convocation Gown. It was only when I looked at myself in the mirror while trying out the gown that I thought, "I'm really graduating".

I didn't think that Convocation is a big deal, and I was really preparing to give it a miss if I had gone for Work and Travel. But now with the academic gown in hand, I'm really looking forward to the day I'm going to wear that and commemorate the survival of 4 yrs of numerous sleepless nights and crazy deadlines, saying goodbye to SPGs but most of all celebrating the friendships that have been made.

Now a treat. I crazily went for K Lunch with the J trip buddies,Jan and Carrie before heading for my first day of work. It's stressful to sing with great singers around you know. But it's also great to hear them sing.

Here's Diya's rendition of 你是我的眼。Sweet.

No comments: