Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I WANT TO COMPLAIN!!!

i'm in an incredibly bitchy mood since yesterday since i've attended the worst organised event and met the worst EVER PR since i've started my internship.. well which resulted in me filing an inaccurate report. totally pisses me off.

first the event started early at 8plus am (early by all journalist standards) and we went there to find out they prepare no press release, no fact sheet, NOTHING for any of us. insisted it's only going to be a doorstop and will provide info later.. me being the greenhorn thinks it's ok but my colleagues form a different desk can't take it and started bitching to the PR and she finally gave us ONE piece of fact sheet.

then when we ask the PR about the information provided, she cannot answer 9.5 out of 10 questions we pose. What bloody PR is that? her answer is always, 'I can check for you', 'I'll let you know later'. Redundant person altogether.

I'm particularly irritated by the PR cos the only thing she's excited about is talking the her GSS experience and how she was the one who sent her boss the email at midnight - cos she went shopping before that - and saying that's cos she has a life. all for work-life balance. HELLO! wake up your ideas. if she only has the same amount of fervour in getting me the right facts.

and trying to get facts and figures from her is like i'm trying to make things difficult for her. it's your job ok. so dun whine to me and pass sacarstic remarks at me. and it's ur job to handle the red tape in ur (governmental) organisation to get me the facts, not tell me there's nothing. on top of that she has the cheek to tell me things contrary to what the facts show. and i was stupid enough to take her word for it, well hence a report that was not accurate and different from what the rest of the media was reporting.

well it's also partly my fault for not consulting with my editor again when i got the contradicting figures.

still she totally spoilt my day. perhaps even my week.

the sort of people that works for the governmental organisations.

No comments: